Welcome to the Top of the World!
This Northern Lights short break includes 2 or 3 nights half board at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel & Gamme Cabins. Stay in a private, modern ‘Gamme’ Cabin or opt for the adventure of sleeping in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel – or stay 1 night in each! The Gamme Cabin is not like a glass igloo, many say it is even better! It is larger and more comfortable, with a large picture window perfect for admiring the Northern Lights which hopefully will perform for you. You can also choose from a wide range of winter activities on offer during your stay.
Price from: €2049 per person sharing (plus taxes)
Activities: Dog sledding, Snowmobiling, Northern Lights hunt
Destinations: Arctic, Norway
Season: Winter (Feb – Apr 2020)
Types: Northern Lights Holiday, Short Break Holiday, Ice Hotel, Family Holiday, Couples, Groups
Day 2: [breakfast, dinner] After breakfast you have time to experience the facilities in Kirkenes and maybe pay a visit to the resident reindeer. In the afternoon, enjoy a 2-hour dog sledding tour and afterwards get a chance to meet and greet some of these friendly dogs and their puppies. Dinner back at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel, followed by a 2-hour Aurora Express Northern Lights bus hunt tour.
Day 3: [breakfast] [dinner – 4 night package only] This morning you have time to take the shuttle into Kirkenes town to explore but be sure to be back in time for your thrilling 2-hour snowmobile tour in the afternoon. If you’re on the 3-night package, you then transfer back to the airport for your evening flight to Oslo where you stay for one night B&B at an airport hotel. If you’re on the 4-night package you stay for Dinner at the resort and can book an additional tour – hopefully under the northern lights – or relax in your cabin.
Day 4: [breakfast] Those on the 3 night package catch a morning flight from Oslo back to Dublin. If you’re on the Thursday 4 night package you have the option of spending another full day in Kirkenes to add extra activities, flying to Oslo in the evening. Alternatively, you can leave Kirkenes on a late morning flight and head to Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm, depending on availability. If you are on the 4 night package on any other date you do not have the option to spend the day in Kirkenes.
Day 5 (4 night package only): [breakfast] Take your final flight home to Dublin.
– Thursdays (3 or 4 night packages): 13, 20 & 27 Feb; 05, 12, 19 & 26 Mar; 02 & 16 Apr 2020
– Fridays (3 night package): 07, 14, 21 & 28 Feb; 06, 13, 20 & 27 Mar; 03 & 17 Apr 2020
– Sundays (3 night package): 29 Mar; 05, 12 & 19 Apr 2020
– Mondays (3 or 4 night packages): 30 Mar; 06, 13 & 20 Apr 2020
– Wednesdays (4 night package): 01 & 15 Apr 2020
3 night (Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, Mondays) package:
from €2049 pp sharing (plus taxes)
single supplement from €595
4 night (Thursdays, Mondays, Wednesdays) package:
from €2324 pp sharing (plus taxes)
single supplement from €875
Depending on which package you select it will include:
- Return flights Dublin/Kirkenes
- One 20kg checked bag per person
- Transfers to/from Kirkenes Airport
- 2 or 3 evening meals in Kirkenes (drinks not included)
- 1, 2 or 3 nights in a private Gamme Cabin or spend 1 of the nights in the Snow Hotel
- 2 or 3 breakfasts in Kirkenes
- 2-hour Aurora Express Northern Lights bus tour
- 2-hour dog sledding tour (minimum age: 7*)
- 2-hour snowmobile tour, driver’s license required (minimum age: 10*)
- 1 night B&B in an Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm airport hotel
* Package may be adapted for younger children. Changes to the cost may apply.
- Air taxes (from €52 pp)
- Meals other than as stated
- Winter travel insurance (required)
- Optional excursions and tours
- Additional night(s) in Kirkenes from €275 pp
- Optional extra night(s) in Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm (depending on the route home on your travel dates) from €95 pp
Activities available to pre-book:
- King Crab Fishing Excursion (€242 pp)
- Ice Fishing on the Fjord (3 hrs: €205 pp)
- Kirkenes Home Visit (1.5 hrs: €55 pp + transfers)
Prices correct at time of print (Aug 2019). E&OE.
Subject to availability at time of booking. As they are a natural phenomenon, seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed.
Do you like this offer?
Please call us now on 01 210 8391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to book immediately.
Image credits: Kirkenes Snow Hotel