Welcome to the Top of the World!
New for Winter 2019!
This Northern Lights short break includes 2 or 3 nights half board at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel & Gamme Cabins. Stay in a private, modern ‘Gamme’ Cabin or opt for the adventure of sleeping in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel – or stay 1 night in each! The Gamme Cabin is not like a glass igloo, many say it is even better! It is larger and more comfortable, with a large picture window perfect for admiring the Northern Lights which hopefully will perform for you. You can also choose from a wide range of winter activities on offer during your stay.
Price from: €1945 per person sharing (plus taxes)
Activities: Dog sledding, Snowmobiling, Northern Lights hunt
Destinations: Arctic, Norway
Types: Northern Lights Holiday, Short Break Holiday, Ice Hotel, Family Holiday, Couples, Groups
Day 1: [dinner] Fly Dublin to Kirkenes via Oslo. Bus transfer from the airport to the Kirkenes Snow Hotel. Check in to your choice of either Gamme Cabin or Snow Hotel for your first night. Dinner in the main restaurant in the reception building of the Kirkenes Snow Hotel.
Day 2: [breakfast, dinner] After breakfast you have time to experience the facilities in Kirkenes and maybe pay a visit to the resident reindeer. In the afternoon, enjoy a 2-hour dog sledding tour and afterwards get a chance to meet and greet some of these friendly dogs and their puppies. Dinner back at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel, followed by a 2-hour Aurora Express Northern Lights bus hunt tour.
Day 3: [breakfast] [dinner – 4 night package only] This morning you have time to take the shuttle into Kirkenes town to explore but be sure to be back in time for your thrilling 2-hour snowmobile tour in the afternoon. If you’re on the 3-night package, you then transfer back to the airport for your evening flight to Oslo where you stay for one night B&B at an airport hotel. If you’re on the 4-night package you stay for Dinner at the resort and can book an additional tour – hopefully under the northern lights – or relax in your cabin.
Day 4: [breakfast] Those on the 3 night package catch a morning flight from Oslo back to Dublin. If you’re on the Thursday 4 night package you have the option of spending another full day in Kirkenes to add extra activities, flying to Oslo in the evening. Alternatively, you can leave Kirkenes on a late morning flight and head to Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm, depending on availability. If you are on the 4 night package on any other date you do not have the option to spend the day in Kirkenes.
Day 5 (4 night package only): [breakfast] Take your final flight home to Dublin.
– Thursdays (4 night package): 28 Feb, 07, 14 & 21 March 2019
– Fridays (3 night package): 22 Feb, 01 & 22 March 2019
– Other days (4 night package): 06 January – end March 2019. Flight supplement may apply.
3 night (Fridays) package: from €1945 pp sharing (plus taxes)
4 night (Thursdays) package: from €2220 pp sharing (plus taxes)
Other departure dates 4 night packages: from €2220 pp sharing (plus taxes). Flight supplement may also apply.
Depending on which package you select it will include:
- Return flights Dublin/Kirkenes
- One 20kg checked bag per person
- Transfers to/from Kirkenes Airport
- 2 or 3 evening meals in Kirkenes (drinks not included)
- 1, 2 or 3 nights in a private Gamme Cabin or spend 1 of the nights in the Snow Hotel
- 2 or 3 breakfasts in Kirkenes
- 2-hour Aurora Express Northern Lights bus tour
- 2-hour dog sledding tour (minimum age: 7*)
- 2-hour snowmobile tour, driver’s license required (minimum age: 10*)
- 1 night B&B in an Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm airport hotel
* Package may be adapted for younger children. Changes to the cost may apply.
Air taxes (from €52 pp)
Meals other than as stated
Winter travel insurance (required)
Optional excursions and tours
Additional night(s) in Kirkenes from €275 pp
Optional extra night(s) in Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm (depending on the route home on your travel dates) from €95 pp
Activities available to pre-book:
- King Crab Fishing Excursion (€225 pp)
- Ice Fishing on the Fjord (3 hrs: €185 pp)
- Kirkenes Home Visit (1.5 hrs: €55 pp + transfers)
Prices correct at time of print (Oct 2018). E&OE.
Subject to availability at time of booking. As they are a natural phenomenon, seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed.
Do you like this offer?
Please call us now on 01 210 8391 or email email@example.com to find out more or to book immediately.
Image credits: Kirkenes Snow Hotel