Skip the Drake Passage … fly to Antarctica
Antarctica can be closer than you think. Skip the Drake Passage to fly to Antarctica in business class straight from Punta Arenas in 2020 / 2021.
Price from: €14,900 pp (all inclusive)
Types: Couples, Groups, Solo Travellers, Honeymoon, Expedition
Let Silversea Expedition’s Silver Explorer take you across the continent, immersed in the otherworldly beauty of the most extreme latitudes on the planet. The frozen continent at the end of the earth is well worth the wait. The coldest, highest and driest of all seven continents, Antarctica begs discovery. Be humbled by the solitude and emptiness, as pods of seals lazily bask on floes, waddles of penguins dive (and thrive) in the ice waters and humpbacks – the most magnificent of all maritime beasts – breach gracefully before your very eyes.
Day 1: Fly Dublin to Puna Arenas.
Day 2: Arrive Punta Arenas. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3: Skip sailing across the notorious Drake Passage and instead take the ‘Antarctica Bridge’. Fly from Punta Arenas straight to King George Island where you board the Silver Explorer. The ship departs at 6pm, marking the start of your 6 days exploring the Antarctic Sound, the Antarctica Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands.
Day 9: The ship docks early back in King George Island in time for your business class flight to Punta Arenas where you stay for one hotel night.
Day 10: Fly back to Ireland.
Ship Departures in 2021 and 2022:
- 11, 17, 23 & 29 December 2021
- 18, 24 & 30 January 2022
- 05 & 27 February 2022
- 05, 11 & 17 March 2022
Prices vary depending on the date of travel and any special offers available when you book. At the moment, avail of an Early Booking Bonus to save 10% on specific ‘Antarctic Bridge’ voyages in December 2021 and January – March 2022. Must be booked and paid in full by 28 February 2020.
|Date||Ship||All Inclusive price per person sharing an outside Adventure suite from:|
|11 & 17 Dec 2021||Silver Explorer||€14,900 (-10%)|
|23 & 29 Dec 2021||Silver Explorer||€15,500 (-10%)|
|18, 24 & 30 Jan 2022||Silver Explorer||€17,700 (-10%)|
|05 & 27 Feb 2022||Silver Explorer||€17,700 (-10%)|
|05 & 11 Mar 2022||Silver Explorer||€15,500 (-10%)|
|17 Mar 2022||Silver Explorer||€14,900 (-10%)|
- Economy Class round trip air between Ireland and Punta Arenas
- Business Class round trip air between Punta Arenas and King George Island
- Transfers between airport, hotel & ship
- Highly qualified expedition team with experts in their field
- Excursions and activities, including exploration by Zodiac®
- Spacious suites with butler service
- Inclusive room-service, select wines, spirits and soft drinks throughout the ship
- Gratuities always included
- Unlimited complimentary WiFi for all guests
- Complimentary Expedition Gear
- Meals & beverages other than as stated
- Travel insurance (required)
- Optional excursions and tours
You may add pre- and post-cruise excursions in South America, e.g. to Iguazu Falls, subject to availability. Additional costs apply.
Prices correct at time of print (Jan 2020). E&OE. Subject to availability at time of booking.
Do you like this offer?
Please call us now on 01 210 8391 or email email@example.com to find out more or to book immediately.
Image credits: Silversea Cruises