Destination Arctic Norway
NEW in 2019!
This 7 night package allows you to experience the best that Arctic Norway has to offer from Kirkenes in the far north to the beautiful Lofoten islands, travelling between the two on a Hurtigruten ship.
Price from: €1875 pp sharing (plus air taxes)
Activities: Not included – wide range of options available
Destinations: Arctic, Norway
Types: Northern Lights Holiday, Activity Holiday, Family Holiday, Couples, Groups
During your week long stay you get the chance to try your hand at a wide selection of activities and to experience a range of accommodations. And you’re spending the week in some of the best Aurora Borealis locations in the world – seeing the Northern Lights in Lofoten is an experience you won’t forget!
Day 1: Fly Dublin – Kirkenes via Oslo. Transfer from Kirkenes airport to a 3* quality Scandic or Thon Hotel where you stay for 1 night B&B in a twin room.
Day 2: (breakfast, dinner) At leisure to explore Kirkenes. Optional tours: dog sledding, snowmobiling. Transfer from hotel to Kirkenes Snowhotel where you have dinner and stay for 1 night in either the Snowhotel or a Gamme cabin.
Day 3: (breakfast) Early transfer to join your Hurtigruten ship which departs at 1230 hrs on your 2 night southbound voyage to Lofoten, staying in a twin Inside cabin on a B&B basis.
Day 4: (breakfast) Voyage South. Optional tour: Midnight Concert in the Arctic Cathedral.
Day 5: (breakfast) Voyage South. Optional tour: A Taste of Vesterälen coach tour. Disembark ship in Svolvær in Lofoten at 1830 hrs. Transfer to Svinøya Rorbuer where you stay for 2 nights B&B in a traditional Norwegian twin bed cottage.
Day 6: (breakfast) At leisure in Svolvær. Optional tours (some only operate on selected dates – ask us for details): Lofoten tours (by coach or boat), sea kayaking, snowshoe hike, Historical Fishing Village Walk, Horse Riding (by day or night), Northern Lights chase, Lofoten Photo Tour (by day). Meal options: Self-catering or dinner available in on-site restaurant (pre-booking required) or in Svolvær which is a 20 min walk or approx. NOK 200 taxi ride away).
Day 7: (Breakfast) Transfer to Svolvaer Airport. Fly to Oslo where you stay for 1 night B&B in a twin room at an Oslo Airport hotel. You will have time this afternoon/evening to head into Oslo to explore if you wish.
Day 8: (Breakfast) Flight from Oslo – Dublin.
Departures: Fridays in February & March 2019
(Other departure dates available on request but may require extra flights / extra overnights depending on flight schedules. Changes to the cost will apply).
Adult: €1875 pp sharing (plus air taxes)
Single Supplement: on request
- Return flights Dublin/Norway including one 20kg checked bag per person
- Transfer Kirkenes Airport to Scandic or Thon Hotel for 1 night shared twin room B&B
- Transfer Kirkenes to Snowhotel or Gamme Cabin for dinner & 1 night shared twin room B&B
- Transfer to Hurtigruten ship for 2 nights inside twin cabin B&B
- Transfer Svolvær to Svinoya Rorbuer for 2 nights in a traditional rorbuer cottage twin room B&B
- Transfer Svinoya to Svolvær Airport.
- 1 night shared twin room B&B at an Oslo airport hotel
- Full information pack including maps, tips on photographing the Northern Lights, advice on what to wear, etc
- Air taxes (approx. €58 per person)
- Meals other than as stated
- Drinks, personal expenses
- Optional activities and tours (may be booked in advance)
- Travel Insurance
- Upgrade to an Outside cabin on Hurtigruten from €52 pp
- Add 3 lunches & 2 dinners on ship for €249 pp
- Add extra night(s) in Oslo on your way home from €95 pp.
- Single supplement on request.
- Excursions and tours including dog sledding, photography tour, snowmobiling, sea kayaking, horse riding, Northern Lights hunts. May be booked in advance via Project Travel or locally. Prices on request.
Prices correct at time of print (Apr 2018). E&OE.
Subject to availability at time of booking. As they are a natural phenomenon, seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed.
Do you like this offer?
Please call us now on 01 210 8391 or email email@example.com to find out more or to book immediately.
Image credits: Svinoya, Hurtigruten