Summer Escorted Tour: Helsinki and St Petersburg
4 night short break
This 4 night short break in Helsinki and St Petersburg is ideal for solo travellers, couples or small groups, but don’t delay booking as spaces are strictly limited and there is only one departure in Summer 2017. The tour is accompanied by an English speaking guide throughout from Robinson Scandinavia, our preferred travel partner for guided escorted tours in Scandinavia. This is a great stand-alone short break but can easily be extended by adding extra nights in Helsinki, or other Scandinavian capital, at the start of your trip.
Price: €1950 pp sharing (plus flights)
Destinations: Helsinki (Finland), St Petersberg (Russia)
Types: Escorted Tour, Short Break Holiday, Couples, Groups, Solo Travellers
Day 2: Helsinki – St Petersburg [breakfast, lunch, dinner]. Departure from Helsinki by train to St Petersburg. Packed lunch on train. Afternoon arrival in St Petersburg. Coach transfer from railway station to hotel combined with 1 hour guided boat cruise along the Neva River and visit to St Isaac’s Cathedral.
Day 3: St Petersburg [breakfast, lunch, dinner]. The day begins with a transfer to the Neva River cruise harbour for cruise by hydrofoil to Peterhof, including Grand Palace and Lower Parks with fountains. After lunch, tour of the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum and the State Rooms of the Winter Palace.
Day 4: St Petersburg [breakfast, lunch, dinner]. After breakfast at hotel transfer to town of Pushkin followed by a visit to Catherine’s Palace including the famous Amber room. After lunch, a 3 hour tour of the city by coach with local English-speaking guide. This evening you will be taken to see a colourful Russian folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace.
Day 5: Depart St Petersburg [breakfast]. Your tour ends after breakfast at the hotel with transfers to St Petersburg Airport to connect with your flight home.
Additional details on printed version of itinerary.
Single Supplement: €380
- English speaking Robinson Scandinavia tour manager throughout.
- 4 nights’ accommodation including daily 3-course or buffet dinner and buffet breakfast, in centrally located first class hotels, all rooms with private facilities.
- packed lunch on train Helsinki – St Petersburg.
- Train Helsinki – St Petersburg, including coach transfers between hotels and railways stations.
- Complete programme in St Petersburg, including 3 hour city tour, visit to Peter & Paul Fortress, St Isaac’s Cathedral, Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, Pushkin, 1 hour guided canal tour, plus folklore show at Nikolaevsky Palace including snacks during intermission and dinner at local restaurant.
- Hydrofoil from St Petersburg to Peterhof, including entrance to Lower Parks and Grand Palace.
- Luggage assistance at all hotels while with the group.
- Transportation by modern deluxe coach with reclining seats and seatbelts.
- Transfers airport/hotel on first and last days of the tour. Transfers to/from a different airport than the one mentioned in the tour programme may incur a supplement.
International flights from Ireland from €450 pp including tax
Russian visa application (available from Russian Embassy in Dublin. Advice and visa support letter supplied by Project Travel)
Travel insurance (required)
Prices correct at time of print (Oct 2016). E&OE.
Subject to availability and exchange rate at time of booking.
Do you like this offer?
Please call us now on 01 210 8391 or email email@example.com to find out more or to book immediately.
Image credits: Robinson Scandinavia